Please note: many of the OPCC’s policies were agreed in 2012/13 by the PCC and are subject to review during 2014. Where reference is made to the ‘OPCC’s Chief Executive’ this should now read ‘Chief of Staff’ Glynn Dixon. Please be aware that the ‘Chief Financial Officer’ changed to Simon Crick in August 2013.
Once all the policies listed below have been approved, they can be viewed by clicking their link.
- Anti-Fraud & Corruption Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Complaints Procedure (against a member of the OPCC)
- Complaints Procedure (against the Police and Crime Commissioner and/or the Deputy Police and Crime Commissioner)
- Consent & Delegations
- Fairness at Work Policy
- Record Retention & Disposal Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy 2017
The number of complaints or conduct matters that have been reported to the Monitoring Officer of the Police and Crime Panel – 4 complaints as at 27 April 2015
Further details of these complaints can be obtained from Julie Plant at Staffordshire County Council, being the lead authority for the Panel, on 01785 276135.
- Freedom of Information Act – Publication Scheme
- Protocol between PCC & PCP (Police & Crime Panel)
- Protocol on PCC and Staff Relations
- Records Retention and Disposal Policy
- Register of Interests (PCC)
- Register of Interest (DPCC)
- Risk Register (updated July 2013)
- Service Standards
- Statement of Accounts 2012/13
- Travel and Subsistence Expenditure
Joint Corporate Governance
- Statement of Corporate Governance
- Code of Corporate Governance
- Overview of Corporate Governance
- Contract Regulations
- Decision Making Policy
- Financial Regulations
- Scheme of Delegation
The Chief Constable of Staffordshire Police & Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner’s Insurance
The Chief Constable of Staffordshire Police & Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner’s (OPCC) Insurance
Incident’s Prior 1st April 2017
The Chief Constable of Staffordshire Police and Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner’s (OPCC) insurance details for personal injury claims from external solicitors or legal representative should be directed to Travelers Insurance Company Ltd (Ministry of Justice Reform portal ref C00157).
Personal Injury Claims Relating To Motor Insurance from 1st April 2017
Personal Injury Claims should be directed to Gallagher Bassett Ltd in respect of our Insurers (portal ref D00019).
Personal Injury Claims Relating To Public or Employer’s Liability Insurance from 1st April 2017
Personal Injury Claims should be directed to Broadspire in respect of our Insurers Maven,
(portal ref D00294).
In relation to individual representatives/claimants please correspond to the following address:
PO Box 3167
Email address: Insurance.email@example.com
Please use the above address if your claim relates to damage to or loss of property (including forced entry to premises)